Stephanie grew up in Alexandria, Va. She received her undergraduate degree from Virginia Tech and her MBA from the University of Alabama.
Her community involvement:
- Mary’s Catholic Church – Finance Committee, Vision & Mission Committee, Endowment Committee
- Mary’s Catholic School – Auction Gala Co-Chair, Endowment Committee, School Advisory Board, Capital Campaign Team Member, Middle School Cross Country Coach
- YMCA – Outreach Feeding Program -Advocate, Endowment Committee, Volunteer for Community Events
- Three Rivers Swim Club – Board Member
- Rome Floyd County Commission on Children and Youth – Board Member
- Rome High School – Cochair Run with the Wolves 5k Fundraiser
- Restoration Rome – Community Engagement Volunteer
- Rome Symphony Debutante Ball – Volunteer
- Rome Area History Museum – Volunteer
- Georgia Women of Achievement – Volunteer
- Paradise Garden in Summerville, GA – Volunteer
- Georgia Lions Camp for the Blind – Volunteer
Stephanie is married to Dr. P.J. McElhone, an anesthesiologist at Redmond Regional Medical Center. They have two children, Brennan and Peyton.
Nominators of Stephanie said: “Stephanie has improved the lives of countless young people in the community. Stephanie has fully dedicated herself to every volunteer position she has ever had. She does what is expected and then she does way more.”