A native of Waterbury, Conn., Lenora received a BS degree from Southern Connecticut State University and a MSW degree from Northwestern University. She and her husband, Dr. James Santoro, moved to Rome when he started his medical practice.
Her community service has included the following:
- American Cancer Society
- Chieftains Museum
- Floyd Healthcare Foundation
- Junior Service League member and sustainer
- William Davies Homeless Shelter Board
- Mary’s Church Parish Council
- Darlington School-Room and Dorm Parent and other volunteer activities
She and her husband have one son and daughter-in-law.
Nominated by Elizabeth Tierney, who says: “Lenora will tell you she does not deserve this award that she volunteers because she loves helping people and her community.”