Jay Shell is not a lifetime Roman but you’d think he was by seeing the compassion he has for this community.
Moving to Rome 19 years ago, he has been involved in the following:
- Downtown Development Authority as Promotion Chairman and Business Improvement Board
- Floyd County Board of Education
- Community Coach for Rome Floyd Parks and Rec
- Leadership Rome
- Owning a business on Broad Street (originally 333 on Broad, then Brewhouse and now Rome City Brewing Co.), Jay has often helped people on the street with food warm clothing or job opportunities.
- Has hired bands to assist fund raisers such as: Exchange Club Family Resource Center, Cancer Navigators and The Heart of the Community.
- Rome River Jam Concerts
Jay has been married to Melissa for 19 years. They have two children, Madalyn and Jaxson.
Nominators for Jay share: “Jay is the kind of person who not only makes you proud of how far Rome has come, but proud to be a Roman.”